Veterans of foreign wars and conflicts are advised that the application deadline to apply for scholarship/assistance has been extended to Friday, March 31, 2017.
Veterans of foreign wars and conflicts are advised that the application deadline to apply for scholarship/assistance has been extended to Friday, March 31, 2017. The local chapter of Vietnam Veterans of America established the fund through individual and family donations, memorial gifts, and fundraisers such as barbeques, catering, and trivia nights.
Applicants should apply online at www.molinefoundation.org. All scholarships must be submitted by midnight on Friday, March 31, 2017. All reference letters need to be mailed with a postmark on or before Friday, March 31, 2017. Reference letters should be mailed to: The Moline Foundation 817 11th Avenue, Moline IL 61265. Scholarship criteria includes the following:
1. Applicant must be a veteran with more than 180 days of active service and reside in one of the
seven counties served by the Moline Foundation (Warren, Henderson,
McDonough, Henry, Mercer in Rock Island in Illinois and Scott County in Iowa)
2. Must be planning to continue education after high school and attend a college, university, or
trade/technical school within the seven county area listed above.
3. Preference will be given to those students seeking a career in Science, Technology,
Engineering, Math (STEM) or trade/technical career
4. Applicant must plan on full time or part time enrollment (6 hours or more of credit per
5. Scholarship award will be based on:
School/community activities, Job History, Academic Merit, Financial Need
6. Applicant must submit three letters of reference: 2 personal and one from school teachers or
7. Applicant must submit an essay on "What did you learn from your service in the
military?" Maximum of 200 words
8. Applicants should also submit DD2-14 military service record form
The scholarship may be used for any year of student enrollment and is a one-time award with the amount determined annually by The Moline Foundation. The scholarship recipient may use the award for undergraduate school expenses, graduate school expenses, tuition, room and board, and/or books, necessary tools and related expenses maybe for any year of student enrollment.
All applications are online on the Moline Foundation website. Please check the Moline Foundation website: www.molinefoundation.org or contact Linda Daily at (309)764-4193 if you have further questions.
The Moline Foundation, founded in 1953, is a community foundation which provides grants to health, human services, education, community development, the arts and other charitable organizations which benefit the citizens of Moline and the surrounding area. The Moline Foundation receives and administers charitable gifts for all citizens in a seven county region including Rock Island, Henry, Mercer, Warren, Henderson and McDonough in Illinois and Scott County in Iowa.