Mercer County FSA County Committee Nominations

Staff Writer
Aledo Times Record

Mercer County FSA  County Committee Nominations

The Mercer County FSA  would like to remind farmers, ranchers and other agricultural producers that they have until Aug. 1, 2012, to nominate eligible candidates to serve on the local FSA County Committee. 

COC elections will be held for a representative from Local Administrative Area (LAA) 1, which includes the following Mercer County townships:  Eliza, Duncan, Perryton, Preemption and Richland Grove.

The last day to file your nomination form is approaching.  Please get involved this year and nominate the candidate of your choice or nominate yourself to serve on the Mercer County COC.   

FSA county committees help local farmers through their decisions on commodity price support loans, conservation programs and disaster programs, and by working closely with county executive directors.

To be eligible to hold office as a county commitee member, individuals must participate or cooperate in a program administered by FSA, be eligible to vote in a county committee election and live in the local administrative area where they are running. (LAA1) for Mercer County. A complete list of eligibility requirements, more information and nomination forms are available at

All nominees must sign the nomination form FSA-669A. All nomination forms for the 2012 election must be postmarked or received in the Mercer County USDA Servcie Center (FSA Office) by close of business Aug. 1, 2012. Ballots will be mailed to eligible voters by Nov. 5 and are due back to the local USDA Service Centers on Dec. 3. The newly elected county committee members will take office Jan. 1, 2013.

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Stop 9410, Washington, DC 20250-9450, or call toll-free at (866) 632-9992 (English) or (800) 877-8339 (TDD) or (866) 377-8642 (English Federal-relay) or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish Federal-relay).