Campground Programs at Corps of Engineers Parks
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mississippi River Project invites campers and the visiting public to attend campground programs held at Clark's Ferry and Shady Creek Recreation Areas. Throughout the summer, from Memorial Day to Labor Day, presenters will cover a host of topics for all to enjoy. As a reminder, all campground programs are subject to cancellation or rescheduling in the event of rain or severe weather. Programming for the months of May and June include the following:
* Saturday, May 26, 2012, 7 PM, Shady Creek Campground, Mike Hutchison of Iowa Parrot Rescue will present his parrots and explain his rescue program.
* Saturday, June 2, 2012, 6 PM, Fairport Fish Hatchery, 3390 Highway 22, Muscatine, IA, meet Ken Snyder from the Department of Natural Resources fish hatchery to learn how a fish hatchery works and tour the facility.
* Saturday, June 9, 2012, 7 PM, Clark's Ferry Campground, perfect the art of knot tying with Bob Burchett.
* Saturday, June 16, 2012, 7 PM, Shady Creek Campground, Kendall Davis will present information on how a boomerang works and demonstrated the flight of several different types of boomerangs. The audience is encouraged to try throwing some of the different boomerangs during portions the presentation.
* Saturday, June 23, 2012, 7 PM, Shady Creek Campground, Berry Williams will explain some of the techniques and woods he uses when he whittles.
* Saturday, June 30, 2012, 7 PM, Clark's Ferry Campground, come and learn about greyhounds and the Quad Cities Greyhound Adoption program.
Clark's Ferry Campground is located just off Highway 22 at 3860 Sunset Beach, Montpelier, IA 52759. Clark's Ferry offers 45 campsites, electrical hookups, shower and restroom facilities, drinking water, a dump station, playground, boat launch and wood. Shady Creek Campground is located at 3550 Highway 22, Muscatine, IA 52761. Shady Creek offers 53 campsites, electrical hookups, shower and restroom facilities, drinking water, a dump station, playground, boat launch and wood. To reserve a campsite, contact the National Recreation Reservation Service toll free at (877) 444-6777. Campsites are also available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please contact the Muscatine Park Rangers by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (563) 263-7913.