Revised schedule for Campground Programs at Corps of Engineers Parks
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mississippi River Project invites campers and the visiting public to attend campground programs held at Clark's Ferry and Shady Creek recreation areas. Throughout the summer, from Memorial Day to Labor Day, presenters will cover a host of topics for all to enjoy. As a reminder, all campground programs are subject to cancellation or rescheduling in the event of rain or severe weather. Programming for the months of August and September include the following revised schedule:
* Saturday, August 4, 2012, 6 PM, Shady Creek, and at 7:30 PM Clark's Ferry - A member of the staff from Muscatine County Conservation Board will present a live raptor program. Meet and learn about several different native Iowan raptors.
* Saturday, August 11, 2012, 7 PM, Shady Creek Campground - Don Swensson travels downriver to pass on his years of experience and knowledge on how to fish the mighty Mississippi.
* Saturday, August 18, 2012, 9 AM - 2:30 PM, Shady Creek Campground - 23rd annual Shady Creek Camper Craft Show. This event features a showcase of camper's hand-made crafts. The event is open to the public. Entry to participate in the show is free of charge. An entry form must be completed and returned to Park Rangers in order to participate. If someone is interested in signing up for the craft show they should contact the Muscatine Ranger Station.
* Saturday, August 25, 2012, 8 PM, Shady Creek Campground - Members of a local Astronomy Club will point their telescopes to the sky for a presentation on stargazing and astronomy.
* Saturday, September 1, 2012, 8 PM, Clark's Ferry Campground - The final presenter of the year is always a popular one. Mike Hutchison of Iowa Parrot Rescue returns with a live demonstration about exotic birds. Learn about care needed for these beautiful birds.
Clark's Ferry Campground is located just off Highway 22 at 3860 Sunset Beach, Montpelier, IA 52759. Clark's Ferry offers 45 campsites, electrical hookups, shower and restroom facilities, drinking water, a dump station, playground, boat launch and wood. Shady Creek Campground is located at 3550 Highway 22, Muscatine, IA
52761. Shady Creek offers 53 campsites, electrical hookups, shower and restroom facilities, drinking water, a dump station, playground, boat launch and wood.
To reserve a campsite, contact the National Recreation Reservation Service toll free at (877) 444-6777. Campsites are also available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please contact the Muscatine Park Rangers by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (563) 263-7913.