Campground Programs at Corps of Engineers Parks
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mississippi River Project invites campers and the visiting public to attend campground programs held at Clark’s Ferry and Shady Creek Recreation Areas. Throughout the summer, from Memorial Day to Labor Day, presenters will cover a host of topics for all to enjoy. As a reminder, all campground programs are subject to cancellation or rescheduling in the event of rain or severe weather. Programming for the months of May and June include the following:
· Saturday, May 28, 2011, 7 PM, Shady Creek Campground, Ed Kocal, from the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, will talk about boating safety & YOU.
· Saturday, June 4, 2011, 6:30 PM, Fairport Fish Hatchery, 3390 Highway 22, Muscatine, IA, meet Ken Snyder from the Department of Natural Resources fish hatchery to learn how a fish hatchery works and tour the facility.
· Saturday, June 11, 2011, 7 PM, Clark’s Ferry Campground, perfect the art of knot tying with Bob Burchett.
· Saturday, June 18, 2011, 7 PM, Shady Creek Campground, Berry Williams will explain some of the techniques and woods he uses when he whittles.
· Saturday, June 25, 2011, 7 PM, Clark’s Ferry Campground, come and learn about greyhounds and the Quad Cities Greyhound Adoption program.
Clark’s Ferry Campground is located just off Highway 22 at 3860 Sunset Beach, Montpelier, IA 52759. Clark’s Ferry offers 45 campsites, electrical hookups, shower and restroom facilities, drinking water, a dump station, playground, boat launch and wood. Shady Creek Campground is located at 3550 Highway 22, Muscatine, IA
52761. Shady Creek offers 53 campsites, electrical hookups, shower and restroom facilities, drinking water, a dump station, playground, boat launch and wood. To reserve a campsite, contact the National Recreation Reservation Service toll free at
(877) 444-6777. Campsites are also available on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please contact the Muscatine Park Rangers by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (563) 263-7913.