Back to business at the Davenport Speedway
After the annual break for the Great Mississippi Valley Fair, the Davenport Speedway will roar back into action this Friday, August 12th. With just three point races remaining in the season, the battles for the 2011 track championships will be hotly contested.
The Petersen Plumbing & Heating IMCA Late Model season is becoming a tussle between two drivers. Defending track and IMCA national late model champion, Ray Guss Jr. (Milan, Ill.), trails Nate Bueseling of Silvis by only four points. Both drivers have captured two feature wins in the nine races held this season.
While the late model point race is tight, the Engineering Maintenance Service IMCA Modifieds are in a battle royale. Five drivers, Doug Crampton, Dean McGee, Thad Wilson, Bob Dominacki, and Brian Webb are all within eleven points. Dominacki, with five victories, trails point leader Webb by a single point, while Wilson trails Webb by two points.
The Koehler Electric Street Stock class is led by Jeremy Marquette of Davenport, with five feature wins. Cary Brown is second, 16 points back, and has one feature win.
The LuJack Auto Plaza 4 Stock class has again led the way with the most disqualifications this season. Wade Dahl has two victories and leads the points. Second place Luke Thurness is eleven markers back.
The racing action will return to the Davenport Speedway quarter-mile dirt oval on Friday, August 12th. That evening will be Kids Back to School Night.
The August 19th racing program will include Powder Puff Races. The 2011 Season Championships will be run on Friday, August 26th.
The Davenport Speedway is located at the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, on West Locust Street, in Davenport. Pit gates at The Davenport Speedway open at 4:30 p.m. Hot laps are at 6:30pm and racing starts at 7pm.
For more information on DRT TRAK Racing events, visit our website at www.drttrak.com, or call (563) 652-5302.
- 30 –
as of August 9, 2011
Pos. Car # Driver Points Hometown
Petersen Plumbing and Heating IMCA Late Models
1. 46 Nate Beuseling** 350 Slvis, IL
2. 58 Ray Guss Jr.** 346 Milan, IL
3, 77 Stephan Kammerer* 325 Blue Grass, IA
4. O7 Matt Ryan 318 Davenport, IA
5. R19 Joe Ross* 281 Thomson, IL
6. 14 Mike Murphy Jr.* 280 Colona, IL
7. 11 Jeff Stevens* 266 Davenport, IA
8. z Mike Zemo Jr. 262 Davenport, IA
9. G1 Mike Garland 246 Morrison, IL
10. 21H Brian Harris* 226 Davenport, IA
Engineering Maintenance Service IMCA Modifieds
1. 6 Brian Webb 287 Davenport, IA
2. 5d Bob Dominacki**** 286 Bettendorf, IA
3. 75 Thad Wilson* 285 Moline, IL
4. H7 Dean McGee 279 Galesburg, IL
5. 42 Doug Crampton 276 Rock Island, IL
6. 77 Joe Beal 262 Milan, IL
7. 85b Brian Bushong 248 Colona, IL
8. 53 Matt Stein* 237 Davenport, IA
9. 67 John Ahlers* 227 Bettendorf, IA
10. 31v Casey Voss 223 Davenport, IA
Koehler Electric Street Stocks
1. 11 Jeremy Marquette***** 361 Davenport, IA
2. 81 Cary Brown 345 Davenport, IA
3. 6 Emily Gade* 330 Clarence, IA
4. 39G R. J. Gonzales* 302 Moline, IL
5. 8L Chris Lawrence 301 Colona, IL
6. 76 Brian Ritter 296 Davenport, IA
7. 33 Gerald Ward 221 East Moline, IL
8. 31 Henry Carson 206 Orion, IL
9. 86 Nick Claussen 178 Blue Grass, IA
10. 12t Tim Current** 160 Bernard, IA
LuJacks Auto Plaza 4 Stocks
1. D26 Wade Dahl** 358 Blue Grass, IA
2. 44 Luke Thurness 347 Davenport, IA
3. 51A Chris James** 331 Davenport, IA
4. D17 Brandon Dahl 307 Blue Grass, IA
5. 89 Nick Bennett 296 Eldridge, IA
6. 357 Robert Hines 239 Davenport, IA
7. 1 Jason Blocker* 228 Eldridge, IA
48H Aaron Hitt* 228 Davenport, IA
9. 21 Dale Tucker 222 East Moline, IL
10. 15 Shawn James 209 Davenport, IA
· Denotes 2011 feature win(s)