Schilling Invites Area Heroes to Veterans Forum?To Ensure They are Getting the Care and Attention They Deserve from the Department of Veterans Affairs
Congressman Bobby Schilling (IL-17) will be hosting a forum specifically for veterans this Saturday, May 12 featuring Mr. Duane Honeycutt, Director of the Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office in Chicago (VARO), and Ms. Dawn Oxley, Acting Director of the Iowa City VA Health Care System. Director Honeycutt and Ms. Oxley have graciously agreed to meet with area veterans to gather input from them about their needs and provide them with information about veterans benefits and processes. ??The forum is intended to be educational and will address issues pertaining to the operation of the VARO, such as how to properly file a claim, the claim and appeal process, what documents are necessary to file a claim, the length of time to review a claim, and more. The forum is open to veterans, their spouses, VSOs, and other individuals who may have concerns related to the specific nature of the forum. ??“Our veterans and their families have sacrificed so much for our country, and it is our responsibility to provide them with the care they deserve,” Schilling said. “This forum will give our area’s heroes the opportunity to speak directly with VA officials to share their ideas about what can be done both in Illinois and in Washington to improve their access to care.” ?
• WHO: Mr. Duane Honeycutt, Director of the Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office in Chicago (VARO), Ms. Dawn Oxley, Acting Director of the Iowa City VA Health Care System
• WHAT: Veterans Forum, to gather input on veterans’ needs and provide information about veterans benefits and processes
• WHEN: Saturday, May 12 from 10:00am CST – 12:00pm CST
• WHERE: American Legion, 571 E. North St., Galesburg, Illinois
• WHY: In an effort to ensure our area’s heroes are getting the care and attention they deserve from the Department of Veterans Affairs
Those interested in attending the forum can contact Schilling’s office in Moline by calling (309) 757-7630. Due to the sensitive nature of casework the forum itself is closed to the press. Media should check in with Ken Moffett upon arriving for further information.