Quad-City Playwrights’ Festival seeks entries
Quad-City area playwrights have until April 15 to submit an original 10-minute script to the Quad-City Playwrights’ Festival. A jury will select a maximum of five scripts for their originality and potential for engaging a live audience. Augustana student actors will present a staged reading of the winning scripts at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 17 in the Black Box Theatre, inside the Bergendoff Hall of Fine Arts (3701 7th Ave.). A talkback and reception will follow. The public is invited, and admission is free.
• Playwrights may submit one original script of any genre by a single author.
• No adaptations will be considered. Musicals and plays with copyrighted music or lyrics will not be considered.
• Scripts may not be excerpts from larger works.
• Please include a cover sheet with playwright’s name, address and phone number.
• High school and college students should identify their schools.
• Scripts will not be returned.
Original 10-minute scripts (maximum 10 pages) by Quad-City area playwrights will be accepted until April 15, 2014. Mail or email typed copies to:
Quad-City Playwrights’ Festival
c/o Theatre Arts Department
Rock Island, IL 61201