Red Cross Blood Drive is March 17 at VFW in Aledo
The Aledo United Methodist Church is in charge of this month’s American Red Cross Blood Drive. It will be held at the VFW in Aledo from 1:30-5:30 on Tuesday, March 17th.
· The Red Cross supplies nearly 40% of the nation’s blood supply; 20% of their donations come from high schools and colleges.
· Each unit collected is a perishable product and has a shelf life. There is a constant need to replenish inventory .
· If a person donated every 56 days from the age of 16 to 60, they could donate 286 times (35 gallons) and help save 858 lives. The best part is it doesn’t cost them anything except one hour of their time every 56 days. Never underestimate what a single person can do!
· Approximately 38,000 pints of blood are needed daily, and Red Cross Blood Drives, such as the one on March 17th, help fulfill the overwhelming need for blood.
· The need for blood is rising with advances in technology and the aging of the baby boom population, but the number of individuals who donate is decreasing. More blood donors are always needed!
· Becoming a Red Cross partner means you are:
1. Ensuring an adequate blood supply
2. Aligning yourself with one of the largest, most trusted non-profit organizations in America
3. Showing your community how much you care.