No one hurt in Saturday fire downtown

Staff Writer
Aledo Times Record

On Saturday July 25th, 2015 at 6:45pm the Aledo Police and Aledo Fire Department responded to the La Belle Vie in the 200 block of South College Avenue on a report of smoke in the building. 

The Aledo Police Department arrived and found smoke in the kitchen area.  All the occupants of the business had been evacuated from the building.  Upon arrival the Aledo Fire

Department extinguished a pan in the over that had overheated and started a fire within the oven.  The fire was quickly put out and the stove removed from the building.  Fans were used to disperse the smoke and clear the building of smoke.  It appears the only damage was to the oven and no structural damage.  

The Aledo Police Department and Aledo Fire Department were assisted by AMT Ambulance and Mercer County Sheriff’s Department.