It's almost the weekend
5 Things to Do This Weekend (Oct. 30-Nov. 1)
More Content Now and Aledo Times Record staff
Here are five ways you can have fun this weekend.
1. The big movies opening this weekend are “Our Brand Is Crisis,” an R political satire starring Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton; and “Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse,” an R comedy horror movie.
2. Saturday is Halloween! Try to get to a haunted house or other spooky attraction, and don’t forget to take your kids trick-or-treating.
3. Road trip! Follow the Mercer County Golden Eagles to Kankakee for the 3A playoff game or head to Elmwood and watch MC's boys and girls cross country teams compete in the sectional tournament.
4. On Sunday morning, daylight saving time ends, and time “falls back.” That means you have an extra hour this weekend. Whether you want to use it by staying up late Saturday partying or watching movies, or by going out to breakfast Sunday morning before church, take advantage of the hour!
5. In sports, we now have the World Series, NBA regular season, NASCAR’s playoffs, NHL regular season, football and MLS playoffs. Check your TV listings for more information.