Head Start open enrollment dates announced
ALEDO — Project NOW, Community Action Agency, has announced Head Start open enrollment dates.
Applications will be taken from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. July 6, 7 and 8. Families with children who will be 3 years old by Sept. 1 and are not yet 5 years old can apply at the following locations:
* Project NOW Head Start, 305 NW 7th St. in Aledo, 582-3668.
* Project NOW Head Start, 499 27th St. in East Moline, 792-4555.
* Project NOW Head Start, 109 S Elm St. in Kewanee, 852-4346.
Head Start is a federally funded comprehensive preschool and family support program provided at no charge to low income families. Project NOW Head Start serves families in Upper Rock Island, Henry and Mercer counties. Eligible families are those that qualify by income at the poverty level or have children with disabilities. The program offers both a center-based and home-based option with extended day childcare available through a partnership in Rock Island County. Head Start helps the child to think, reason, speak, get along with others and prepare for success in kindergarten. At the same time, the Head Start program works with families to help themselves.
Parents are asked to provide the following at the time of the application meeting:
* Child’s certified birth certificate
* Proof of annual income (2015 tax return or 2015 W-2s) or TANF document
* Current medical card
* Up-to-date immunization records for the child
* Current physical and dental examination records or appointment dates for these exams.
For more information or to schedule an appointment for an application, call 792-4555 in Rock Island County, 582-3668 in Mercer County, or 852-4346 in Henry County.