Register for Fall Semester Classes at Carl Sandburg College
Registration is ongoing for the 2012 fall semester at Carl Sandburg College. In-district and onlinestudent tuition for Sandburg is $138 per credit hour. One year of tuition at Sandburg can help you save more than $6,000 over attending a four-year public college and more than $26,000 over attending a four-year private college.
Online registration for the fall semester ends at midnight Aug. 19 and classes begin Aug. 20. Complete the following steps if you would like to take classes this fall at Sandburg:
1. Complete the Carl Sandburg College application for admission at www.sandburg.edu.
2. Request an official high school transcript or anofficial GED score report to be sent to the Sandburg records office, 2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd., Galesburg, Ill., 61401. Official transcripts must be sent directly from each post-secondary institution attended, including colleges from which courses were taken while enrolled in high school.
3. Complete the COMPASS placement exam. Call the Testing Center at 309.341.5323 to make an appointment. Test dates are listed at www.sandburg.edu.
4. Complete the new student online orientation.
5. Schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor to register for classes. Appointments can be made by calling 309.341.5237 for the Main Campus in Galesburg, 217.357.3129 for the Branch Campus in Carthage or 309.772.2177 for the Extension Center in Bushnell. Make your appointment as soon as possible to have the best chance of getting into the classes you’d like to take.
Use the online course catalog at www.sandburg.edu to view classes offered through Sandburg. For questions or more information, call Dylana Carlson, director of recruitment, at 309.341.5237 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Summer office hours for the College are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.